We're Turning The Library Upside-down!
The book stacks move to the Riverwalk and the Forum hosts special events, programs and everyday activity.
- Insufficient spaces for programs, meetings and collaboration
- Disruptive noise in the Great Hall
- Limited accessibility to charge phones, laptops and devices
- Insufficient HVAC, mechanical and plumbing systems
- Increase the total number of programming spaces (from 2 to 4, including the 600-plus-seat Forum), meeting rooms (from 3 to 9) and conference rooms (from 1 to 7)
- Create two Libraries in one with stacks on the Riverwalk and everyday activity and programming on the Main level
- Raise floor on the main level to add a multitude of accessible outlets
- Update to modern, energy-efficient mechanical, electrical, lighting and energy control systems and plumbing
The New Design
The new Jesup Green entrance and the redesigned Riverwalk capitalize on the Library’s location and will contribute to the vibrancy of downtown Westport.